First of all: Thanks for visiting! My name is Jessica, and this blog was started as a creative outlet for me to share my passions and offer my tips/project ideas for living a sweet, happy life as a modern parent.
I am the mother of two beautiful, spirited children: 7-year-old Benjamin and 3-year-old Abigail Frances (nicknamed Frankie, thanks to her brother). I feel blessed to be the wife to Scott, my husband of over 9 years, who continually supports our family and my big dreams for the future. Together we have endured a lot, but each experience has brought clarity to what is really important: Time spent together making memories.
I am lucky to live in one of the most stunning cities in the world—Vancouver, Canada. After being born in Minnesota and living all over the United States throughout my childhood, I have now called this absolutely beautiful place “home” for over 20 years. However, living close to the mountains and water doesn’t come without sacrifice. With high-priced real estate, our family has chosen location over square footage. Part of this platform will include my experiences living in and organizing smaller spaces.
A few other things you should know about me:
- My mom inspired my love of birthdays and celebrating. Growing up she always threw the best parties!
- Nothing makes me much happier than a good theme.
- My September birthday makes me a tried and true Virgo. I love a good to-do list and an organized space!
- Just before having my son, I went back to school to become a teacher, however, only recently have I had a chance to return to a school to work. Recently, I got a dream job as a teacher librarian at a wonderful school in Vancouver. I also enjoy coming up with fun ideas to educate my own kids that are shared on this blog.
- Other than my family, my other loves include time spent with close friends, coffee, dancing, and shopping at Target (despite the closest one being over the border).
Finally, I have come to learn that the realities of parenthood and adulthood aren’t always sweet and happy; however, the moments that are sweet and happy are the ones that make it all worthwhile. With each life experience, I am working on appreciating that rainbows only come after the storms. And yes, you will notice, I have a thing with rainbows. Thanks again for stopping by This Sweet Happy Life!