It is hard to believe Easter is around the corner! It really snuck up on me this year. If you follow along, you know I love an easy holiday cookie recipe I can make with the kids. When I came across Hershey’s seasonal Carrot Cake Kisses, I knew I had to create something using them. These aren’t just any White Chocolate Kisses, but rather, ones filled with a cream filling. Meet my original Carrot Cake Kiss Cookie. This one is kid and Easter Bunny tested and approved!
- 1 package Hershey’s Carrot Cake Kisses
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually beat into butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Divide dough into 48 equal balls (about one inch in diameter).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating together the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Once cookies are cooled, pipe on some of the cream cheese frosting and place a kiss candy onto each.
- Serve and enjoy!
See my other holiday kiss cookie recipes here: