Like many, my alcoholic beverage of choice during the summer is a delicious gin and tonic. Something about the cocktail served over ice that is completely refreshing and satisfying when the weather is extra hot.
Recently, my best friend was in town and we had a girls night complete with patio weather, homemade tacos and of course, drinks. I was determined to master a slushy version of the gin and tonic. One of my favorite local restaurants serves up an unbelievable cocktail called the ‘Supersonic Gin and Tonic’, which is a twist on the classic with lemon slush added. For a couple years, I have been trying to create them at home and I finally perfected my recipe and knew it had to be shared. You are welcome in advance, because this is the must try drink of the season!
- 4 cans Tonic Water
- 2 cups Gin
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Limes
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- Take a rectangle baking pan and fill it with with 3 cups of Tonic Water and 1 cup of Gin. Let it freeze for a couple of hours.
- Once it is frozen, take it out of the freezer and mix in a can of frozen lemonade, creating the lemon slush.
- Fill six glasses with ice and squeeze a half of lime into the bottom of each one. Add one shot of gin into each and top up with tonic water, leaving about an inch at the top of each one.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of slush to the top of each drink.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and serve with a straw. Enjoy!