When I host a kids party, I always like to try one new recipe and add it to the dessert table. Inspired by a post I saw on Instagram, for my daugther’s party I thought I would test out sprinkled Rice Krispie treats shaped like donuts. Most know, I am a fan of Rice Krispie treats because they are fast and easy to make and they are always a hit with the children. But this new variation takes it to a whole new level and were a hit among party goers, so I thought it was a must share.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts*
- Sprinkles, of your color choice
- Make a batch of Rice Krispie batter. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and add cereal, stirring until coated.
- Taking a handful of the batter, press the mixture into the sections of a buttered donut pan. Repeat until you have filled a dozen donut cavities. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up the candy melts following the instructions on the package. Once the donuts have hardened, dip them into the candy melts.
- Add sprinkles on top of the chocolate coating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields 12 Rice Krispie Donuts
*Note: You can also use Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
Photography – My City Photos and Events