Recently my son was hosting a bake sale to raise money for the BC Children’s Hospital. After delegating some of the baking to a friend and the grandmas, I had to come up with what I was going to add to the collection. In the usual mom fashion, I had run out of time and was scrambling at the last minute–I needed something quick and easy.
My husband reminded me of some cookies I had made for a party a while back that were super simple and absolutely delicious. At that point, the Rolo Cookie made its way back into our lives, and everyone benefited from this tasty chocolate & caramel cookie. I was done making two full batches in less than an hour, shared a couple extras with my super smart hubby, and my son happily sold out of them the next day!
Here is the recipe:
- 36 individual Rolo candies
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the Rolo (only use enough dough to cover the Rolo).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes 36 cookies
Original Source: Chef in Training